How do I become a Baker?

Hi!
I’m successfully running a node and it appears in the global dashboard. All good :slight_smile:

Now, how do I become a baker? I’ve tried to run ./concordium-client baker add ./baker-key.json --sender myAccount --stake 0 --out ~/.local/share/concordium/baker-credentials.json but it won’t work.
I guess it is because I must put in a stake higher than 0 (would make sense for Proof of Stake :P), but my account is empty and I can’t seem to find a way to transfer funds to it. Either from Fait or other Cryptos…

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hello. since so far the blockchain has only recently been launched, only nodes managed by the Concordium Foundation have the right to be a baker. Ordinary users will be able to become bakers a little later - after the release of GTU (approximate date - July 26)
Your balance is 0, in order to make transactions on the blockchain, you at least need to have a non-zero balance. Wait till GTU’s release.

1 Like

To add to @PabloZ’s answer: You will also need a minimum stake of 2500 GTU to register as baker.

1 Like