How to register an identity provider?

Hello everyone,

I can’t seem to figure out which endpoint call to register an identity provider, could you point me in the right direction?

I’ve managed to find this repo GitHub - Concordium/concordium-nodejs-idp: Integration libraries for writing an identity provider using NodeJS, but when I look at the example in the wallet-proxy, I see the keys “regId, and sig” (concordium-wallet-proxy/initial-account.json at main · Concordium/concordium-wallet-proxy · GitHub), it feels like we have to call an endpoint to register the idp.

You cannot register an identity provider directly.

This is a chain update, and it can only be performed by the chain governance committee, not by anybody.

1 Like

@abizjak I’m running the node locally, not on the mainnet or testnet. Can you point me to which function is responsible for this chain update?

@abizjak thanks, your reply has redirected me to the genesis config. concordium-misc-tools/genesis-creator at main · Concordium/concordium-misc-tools · GitHub

2 Likes

Great, yes, that is the tool for running a local chain.

See also concordium-node/local-chain.md at main · Concordium/concordium-node · GitHub for more details on how to set up the node.