Issues with web-sdk migration

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded to the merged @concordium/web-sdk from the previously separated common and nodejs SDKs. The process was generally smooth, but I’ve encountered a couple of issues that I hope to get some insight on:

1. TypeScript Import Issue: When I try to use import { ConcordiumGRPCNodeClient, credentials } from '@concordium/web-sdk/nodejs'; TypeScript highlights the from '...' part, mentioning it’s ECMAScript and suggests using “import” differently. I’m a bit puzzled by this since it seems to be a standard ES6 import.
  2. Exports: It appears BlockItem isn’t exported anymore, even though it’s declared as exported in the types. Specifically, the export in deserialization.d.ts doesn’t seem to produce the expected effect. I believe it’s essential to have BlockItem exported for strict type checking and efficient data management, as I strongly use decodeTransaction and have to detect their kind.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Hi there @Federico

1. Did you set "type": "module" in package.json? If this is not a fix or not possible can you provide a bit more information of your project setup like:
    a. What is the exact error?
    b. Are you using a bundler?
    c. What tsconfig target and module do you use?

2. You are right, this should be exported, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Until this is fixed and released, you can get access to the type like this:

import {deserializeTransaction} from '@concordium/web-sdk';
type BlockItem = ReturnType<typeof deserializeTransaction>;

thank you.
moreover, getAlias isn’t anymore recognized as exported, do you agree on this?

> tsc --build && ts-node index.ts

components/concordium.ts:4:26 - error TS2305: Module '"@concordium/web-sdk"' has no exported member 'getAlias'.

4 import { AccountAddress, getAlias } from '@concordium/web-sdk'

This was moved to AccountAddress.getAlias

The BlockItem type is exported again in @concordium/web-sdk@7.0.1.