Can't Open Legacy Wallet Mobile App

I’m facing this issue whereby an error will appear when I open the app it shows java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: User changed or deleted their auth credentials and it auto close the application hence resulting in me not able to export the latest backup file resulting in having a “read only” issue on the imported wallet.

The full block of code are:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.concordium.wallet.App: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: User changed or deleted their auth credentials
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6996)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:257)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1982)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:236)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8056)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:656)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:967)
Caused by: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: User changed or deleted their auth credentials
at android.security.keystore.AndroidKeyStoreSpi.engineGetKey(AndroidKeyStoreSpi.java:109)
at java.security.KeyStore.getKey(KeyStore.java:1062)
at o1.a.(Unknown Source:219)
at com.concordium.wallet.App.onCreate(Unknown Source:29)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1193)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:6991)
… 8 more

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

This is probably connected to the biometric security, maybe a software update from the manufacturer broke this or something was changed like adding or removing a fingerprint.
Try to go to More/Update Passcode & Biometrics change the passcode and disable biometrics.

2 Likes

Hi, Thanks for reaching out. But the fact that I can’t open the app makes me unable to disable it. Thanks for reaching out!!

Did you try clearing the app data or reinstall? But be careful, this will erase everything from the app. Make sure you have your old backups first.

1 Like