CHrome browser wallet: RpcError when creating a new identity (both identity providers)

Hi all,

When I try to create a new identity through the Chrome browser wallet, I keep getting this error:

RpcError: Code: UNKNOWN Method: concordium.v2.Queries/GetCryptographicParameters Meta: connection: keep-alive content-length: 0 date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 09:03:39 GMT server: awselb/2.0

It’s the same error with both identity providers.

Thanks for helping.

Kind regards
Hoetoevallig

Can you provide a few more details about the setup?

Is this on testnet that you are getting the error? Is the error still present?

Thank you for replying!

1. I’ve downloaded the browser wallet through the Concordium website. In the past I’ve succesfully set up an account and identity through mobile. (Both wallets: legacy and new relased mobile wallet).

2. It’s on mainnet, since I want to trade on Concordex. I’ve first encountered this problem on the 3rd of July 2023: RpcError: Code: UNKNOWN Method: concordium.v2.Queries/GetCryptographicParameters Meta: connection: keep-alive content-length: 0 date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 11:42:00 GMT server: awselb/2.0. Now I still get the same error: RpcError: Code: UNKNOWN Method: concordium.v2.Queries/GetCryptographicParameters Meta: connection: keep-alive content-length: 0 date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 06:48:36 GMT server: awselb/2.0

Anyone have a clue about what’s happening and/or a possible solution? Thank you!

Are you sure you are using a recent version of the wallet? At least version 1+.

This looks to me like some strange configuration error.

Thanks for following up.

Well, can only do as much as download the browser wallet (from the now new) website?
Was directed to this link: Concordium Wallet - Chrome Web Store

Still get this error: RpcError: Code: UNKNOWN Method: concordium.v2.Queries/GetCryptographicParameters Meta: connection: keep-alive content-length: 0 date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 10:36:47 GMT server: awselb/2.0

Version 1.1.8. it seems

Sorry, but we cannot see anything relevant in our logs, and we cannot reproduce this issue on our end.

Our best guess is that it is either your network configuration or some browser extension.

Can you try on another device and another network?

What can I do about my network configuration to make this work? Honestly just had this with the Concordium browser wallet.

It’s quite hard for us to determine what is going on since we cannot really see anything, but could you try the following and report on what the result is.

1. Try to use the wallet on testnet. Do you get the same issue?
  2. On the same computer & network try to use concordium-client, e.g., concordium-client --grpc-ip grpc.mainnet.concordium.software raw GetCryptographicParameters --secure. Does that work correctly?

Can you tell us what browser you are using?

I’m using Chrome, latest version. Updated all extensions, updated Chrome. I’ve also disabled (briefly) my firewall, adblock an so on.

Tried it using testnet: same result.

How do I do that? Use the concordium-client? Can you walk me through it? Is there a guide or steps available? Thanks.

Download/install the client

Then run

concordium-client --grpc-ip grpc.mainnet.concordium.software raw GetCryptographicParameters --secure